If you are wondering what happened after March 2005, well, Null Pointer moved to its own home. Please do follow me there.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Hard Where?

Getting tired of my Celeron with 32 MB RAM and 10 GB hard disk (yes I was surviving on that) I have almost made up my mind to go for a new PC under exchange. Pentium P-IV with 512 MB DDR RAM, 80 GB HDD (Hynx).


But I have two problems, being new at Pune I am not aware of the right places to ask quotes and secondly I am not too sure on the exact difference (in terms of performance and upgradeability) between Pentium-IV 2.4 GHz (Prescot) and Pentium-IV 2.8 GHz (HT, L2 Cache: 520) , the price difference is a substantial Rs.6500. Can anybody, who have recently gone for such configuration or read any recent benchmark at Chip or Digit, guide me to the information?


Update: Tight on budget I finally settled for a P-IV 2.4GHz with 845 GV Chipset Motherboard, price difference was quite a lot :) the only consolation being a bigger (17") monitor, Artis 1000W speakers with subwoofer and DVD Combo.

World's first Hindi blogzine

I feel elated in presenting Nirantar , World's first Hindi blogzine. It has been the result of untiring efforts of so many Hindi blogger...