If you are wondering what happened after March 2005, well, Null Pointer moved to its own home. Please do follow me there.

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Ethnic blogging and Bangla

If any award were to be given for regional language blogs in India, I have little doubt that the Tamil Blogs would emerge as the deserving winners. Just look at their magnitude. I am not aware exactly how many of them are in Unicode but I believe that majority of them are. Apart from opening-up for universal readership, Unicode encoding also paves the way for these blogs to surface on Search Engines. Happily the Hindi blogging scenario has matured too, there are almost half a dozen Hindi blogs now apart from a Community blog "Akshargram" started by Pankaj. While I Googled for regional blogs I could not find a single one in my mother-tongue Bangla (or Bengali). Thankfully Sukanya di was keen enough to start one and thus began the first Bangla Blog. this blog is actually a "Baby-step guide" on how to start a Bangla blog of your own. Meanwhile, Sukanya di has started a blog of her own and with two of a tribe it was probably reason enough to go for a Bangla Blog directory. Hope other Bangalis follow suit.

World's first Hindi blogzine

I feel elated in presenting Nirantar , World's first Hindi blogzine. It has been the result of untiring efforts of so many Hindi blogger...